I am a returning customer
Your Account Has Been Created!
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!
You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.
A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
What are Sheet Masks?
Sheet masks originated from South Korea, where people’s dedication to beauty and skincare are well known, the sheet mask became a game changer in the beauty world with celebrities all hopping onto this Asian skincare regime. They are essentially what the name implies; a one size fits all sheet that fits your face infused in various different ingredients. They act as mini facials, giving you that hydrated healthy glow whilst cutting time and costs! The majority of sheet masks are made to target dehydrated skin, give suppleness and brightening effects, also pore control and our favourite, Anti-aging. They are generally soaked in essences or serums which contain extremely beneficial active ingredients. The sheet itself creates a seal on your skin, preventing any of the masks essential ingredients from evaporating and helping them penetrate and visibly improve the health of your skin!
Every company and brand uses different type of sheets, generally natural fibre like cotton are used as they are soft and breathable. Hydrogels are jelly like and are also very popular, they are great for skin absorption as they are 100% water soluble and also provide cooling effects, because of their unique material hydrogels will melt slightly when it comes into contact with the heat of your skin. Other such types include, bio cellulose, ecoderma, tencel, cupra and foil.
How often should I use Sheet Masks?
In Korea, some women tend to use sheet masks daily as they incorporate it into their everyday skincare routine, but for the average person masking 1-2 times a week is sufficient enough to get that all round healthy glow!
How long do I leave it on?
It is VERY important that you do not leave a sheet mask on for too long, most people think that the longer you leave it the more good it will do but in actual fact, leaving a mask on for too long can have a reverse effect and the sheet will start to reabsorb the moisture from your skin.
Remember NEVER to leave a sheet mask on overnight, they should be kept for 15-20 minutes and not exceed 30 minutes.
Where does it fit in my routine?
There is no set rule in when to use a sheet mask in your beauty regime, everyone is different with different skin but in general what is recommended is to do your normal cleanse and tone, sheet mask then moisturise.
- Cleanse: It’s important to have a clean surface before applying a sheet mask
- Exfoliate: Removing any dead skin cells and surface debris helps greatly in the absorption of the ingredients
- Tone: Brings skin back to normal PH balance
- Essence/Serum: Optional but can help to boost the area/problem you are targeting
- Sheet Mask: Apply Your Sheet Mask!
- Moisturise: Seal all of that goodness in with your day or night cream
- SPF (during the day): This is often a step all too many of us neglect! It’s very important to protect your skin from the sun’s UV rays to prevent pigmentation and damage.
They are great to use in the morning or at night, we recommend using the richer cream type masks during the evening so that whilst you sleep all the nutrients really get to sink in!
Are Sheet Masks reusable?
Sheet Masks are a one-time use product
What do I do with the excess product?
You might see left over essence/serum in the packet one you have taken your mask out, don’t throw it away! This highly nourishing essence can be used on your neck, arms, elbows, knees and any other dry parts on your body that needs the extra love!
Do they have an expiry date?
Yes! You can usually find the date on the back at the bottom of the packaging. An unopened sheet mask usually has a shelf life of 24-36 months.
Quick Guide on Masking
- Remove mask from packaging
- Unfold and place the mask directly onto clean skin making sure the holes align to your eyes nose and mouth.
- Any remaining essence apply to your neck and any other dry parts on your body
- Now sit back and relax for a little bit of “Mask Time” 15-20 minutes
- Peel off and discard the sheet
- Gently pat in the essence that is left on your skin for ultimate absorption
- Lock away all the goodness with your moisturiser!